During my weekly art classes, I always set up one main project and then one art station. An art station is a table where early finishers can work independently. It’s usually something very open-ended and simple so that they don’t need any help or guidance. These cupcake liner flowers make a wonderful, easy art station and are so sweet as a bouquet in a jar.
[ I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn small fees at no cost to you by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. ]
I didn’t get any good photos of my table set-up before the kids got started. Since this was a station, I was more focused on the main project over on the big table. But I was able to photograph a few of them working on their flowers.
Supplies needed for cupcake liner flowers:
~ Magic markers (any kind)
~ Highlighters (any kind, but my students love the gel highlighters)
Instructions for making cupcake liner flowers:
1. Set the table up by putting the markers and drawing materials in the middle. Place about 10 or more flattened cupcake liners at each place.
2. Cover your table if needed. My table washes down easily so I did not cover it.
3. Let the kids color their cupcake liners any way they wish! I encouraged them to make sets of three as this made for nice, full flowers.
4. Once finished, they can staple each set of three liners to the top of a straw. Older kids can do this themselves (make sure to show them how to staple parallel to the straw), the younger kids can just pick their straws and lay them on top for an adult to staple together.
That’s it! Aren’t they so adorable? We do this station all the time and the kids are always engaged and busy.
What are some stations you use in your art classroom? I’d love to hear!
For more simple art station ideas, visit my @100daysofArtBar Instagram feed.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
[…] Cupcake Liner Flowers Another simple craft idea that involves things you most likely have in the house already. Simple white cupcake/muffin liners, pens, paper straws, and imagination. That’s it. Some sustainable flowers for your kitchen table coming up! […]
[…] Cupcake Liner FlowersAnother simple craft idea that involves things you most likely have in the house already. Simple white cupcake/muffin liners, pens, paper straws, and imagination. That’s it. Some sustainable flowers for your kitchen table coming up! […]
[…] a bouquet of flowers with muffins cases and […]
[…] Source : artbarblog.com […]