As a kid, Halloween was my favorite holiday OF-ALL-TIME. As a mom, I really find it hard to embrace. It’s so much work, the decorations are not that cute, and all I can think of the whole night is cavities. Of course, my kids are gaga over this one night (as they should be) so I always rally and try and live vicariously through them.
Making costumes is one part I can really get into. I mean, look at these DIY Halloween costumes for kids… how amazing are they? One-Man-Band boy? That is just brilliant. And the Abercrombie model? Ok, I know we all wish we’d thought of that!
I found 46 of the cutest, funniest, and easiest (for the most part) make-it-yourself costume ideas for the little ones. I have links where I could find them, but most of these you could probably pull together without help because you are cleverer than you think!
Here we go…
46 DIY Costume Ideas for Kids
1. Yoda | 2. Wednesday Addams | 3. Alfalfa | 4. Busy mom | 5. Braveheart | 6. Ace Ventura, Pet Detective | 7. Boy scout, Russell, from the movie UP | 8. A fawn
17. Cabbage Patch doll | 18. Albert Einstein | 19. 80’s girl | 20. Nacho Libre | 21. Lumberjack | 22. Spaghetti and Meatballs | 23. One-man Band | 24. Dwight Shrute, from The Office
25. Workout girl (Olivia Newton John) | 26. Gnome | 27. Octopus | 28. Mummy | 29. Porcupine | 30. Workout baby (Jane Fonda) | 31. Clark Kent
32. Tea bag | 33. Steve Jobs | 34. Ratatouille | 35. Where’s Waldo | 36. Wilson, the volley ball from Castaway | 37. Nerd | 38. Body builder
If you made any of these costumes and I didn’t link to you, please leave a message! It was so hard to find some of these original posts.
Good luck, have fun, and Happy Halloween!!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –