I’m back to making pom-poms and finding inspiration through yarn! It brings me so much joy, I really need to buy or make a big loom so I can create bigger yarn pieces. But for now, pom-poms and tassels it is! These are just fun to make with a group, or for a gift, or to add some color and happiness to a bag or a knob.
[ I am a participant in affiliate programs designed to provide a means for bloggers to earn small fees at no cost to you by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. ]
Supplies needed for pom-pom tassel DIY:
~ Yarn (I get mine at the craft store)
~ Pom-pom makers (or use a piece of cardboard)
~ Good scissors
~ Small cardboard piece
~ Book rings (optional, but great to have)
Here’s how I made this pom-pom tassel DIY:
1. Choose a color story. I like using colors in the same family and then adding in one complementary color (read this post about the color wheel).
2. Make your pom-poms. I used the smallest pom-pom maker to make three, and then one bigger. Leave long tie-yarns on, will use them later.
3. Make the tassels. I wrap the yarn around a piece of cardboard, tie it together at the top, cut off from the bottom, and then wrap a little yarn around the top to finish. I made three. Leave the tie-yarns long for these, too.
4. Now that you have all of your elements, cut off one of the two long tie-yarns.
5. Gather your four pom-poms and three tassels together into a bundle and tie a knot at the top. You might need to arrange all the elements a bit so they fit and so that the pom-poms are visually on top of the tassels.
6. Tie everything to a book ring, secure with some glue. Or, if you don’t have rings, braid the strings so they are one unit and can be tied to anything.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this post? Here are more pom-pom DIY ideas