I love a good nook, especially when it’s filled with books. These images will make you want to find a space in your house and create a nook of your own…stat. From converted closets, to simple ledges and book bins, these spaces are where parent & child create life’s best memories.
1. Converted closet by Tiny Sprouts with seating to boot 2. Book ledges and stripes make a brilliant combo, by Elizabeth Sullivan Design 3. A flea market rack is a beautiful thing from found, now home 4. Modern book bin by Dejligheder, find one similar at Land of Nod of BOOK/SHOP.
5. Wire book rack, find one similar at Cox & Cox 6. Book ledges on a wallpapered wall are to die for, here is a good DIY 7. Oh Happy Day’s SF apartment, she bought these book bins from BOOK/SHOP 8. Converted closet hangout from Martha Stewart
9. Coziest bed & reading nook yet (and I love the John Robshaw pillows) from Design Sponge 10. All you need is an Ikea hutch and a bean bag from Caitlin Wilson Home 11. Well-used corner space converted into library wall from Kids-o-Mania 12. Library book rack with proper seating for tea – find similar racks at The Land of Nod or PBKids
13. Shelving with graduated sizing ends with a hanging art (find clips at IKEA) from La Maison d’Anna G 14. Creative use of IKEA spice racks, or use PBKids shelves 15. Cable spool made into book storage – tutorial at The Little Mist, and more spool ideas at ScrapHacker 16. Love the use of the wagon for books from Honey We’re Home
17. A simple shelf and rug make this nook special from Design Mom 18. Wire book storage + yellow art create a vintage look from Chic Home Baby – create similar look with wire storage options from Land of Nod, or Urban Outfitters 19. Coolest closet turned book nook + hideout from Dos Family, more closet nooks at Apartment Therapy 20. For me, it’s the color that makes this nook so happy, from Desire to Inspire
21. And the award for best closet nook goes to…Little Hell Raiser 22. Turn a bookcase sideways and add wheels for a more child friendly reading nook, from Real Simple 23. I love the use of black shelves for a change + the retro cafe seating, from Kids-o-Mania 24. And last but not least…why not clear a shelf in the bookcase for a little bookworm?
We are starting to pack up our house around here. We are moving (ahhhh!!!). As daunting as that will be, I am excited to create some new spaces. I hope to share them with you in the new year.
PS: My posts will be a bit thin during the move, but I won’t leave you high and dry. I do have some cool holiday posts planned, so stay close!
Leave a Reply