Every year we carve our pumpkins the night before Halloween. I don’t know why we always leave it until the very last moment. I buy the pumpkins weeks before! My guess is that we wait so long because carving is no fun. I mean, picking out the pumpkins is fun. But that’s about it. All the other stuff is hard work. Which is why I have been collecting ideas for pretty pumpkins that don’t involve any carving. Wahoo!
Paint, glitter, marbleize, collage, drizzle and splatter. Sounds fun to me!
Here we go…
1. Painted ~ simply paint your pumpkins and arrange them in a beautiful display and that’s all you need, from Meg Duerksen
2. Tissue Paper ~ easy and colorful and simply WOW, from Young House Love
3. Washi Tape ~ so many ways to go with this technique, and no mess! from The Grant Life
4. Decoupage ~ brilliant, actually. nature on nature from The Inspired Room
5. Dip Dye ~ so chic and modern, from Chatelaine
6. Marbleized ~ nail polish is magic stuff, from Say Yes
7. Gold Leaf ~ the ultimate glam pumpkin, from Chatelaine
8. Sharpie ~ cheap, quick, and no mess! from Think, Make, Share
9. Glitter ~ loving these glittery stems, great table decor, from Aunt Peaches
10. Pumpkin Family ~ this is technically not “no-carve” but it’s so darn cute! from The House that Lars Built
11. Ombre painted ~ another simple yet elegant idea, from Martha Stewart
12. Doilies ~ this one is other-worldy, so elegant, from Allyson Baker Design
13. Splatter Paint ~ so Jackson Pollack, from The Sassy Life
14. Drip Paint ~ fun for everyone in the family and so cool! from Babble Dabble Do
15. Chalkboard Paint ~ after painting them black, use chalk markers to make designs. brilliant! from Delia Creates
Have fun making your pumpkins, let me know how it goes!